Increasing the concentration of nutrients in a dish like a smoothie bowl is easy. The main thing is to choose 1) high-quality 2) a variety of ingredients and 3) champions among their compositions.
Let me remind you that the perfect morning bowl breakfast consists of several blocks:
- In order to make smoothies more creamy – psyllium (psyllium seed powder is an ideal thickener), gaur gam (guar gum or locust bean gum, despite the fact that they are food additives, they have a plant base and very good absorption properties, to also ideal for thickening), avocado, nut butter, coconut oil/milk/fresh coconut, chia or crushed flaxseeds.
- Add protein – hemp seed or pea protein, collagen peptides, chia or flax, soy yogurt, tofu, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hemp kernels, spinach.
- Add energy – guarana powder, maca powder, cocoa beans, pollen, cinnamon, flax, coconut chips or coconut flakes.
- Turn on metabolism – acerola powder, chili, ginger, sesame.
- A little extra sweetness – honey, coconut sugar, stevia and erythritol from substitutes (not recommended, but these are the safest), fresh date, banana.
In total, by adding a berry-fruit base and 1-2 additives from each block, we get a full-fledged, functional and nutritious bowl. For example, a great start to the morning before sports:
Black berries + guarana
1 cup blackberries or any black berries
1 white peach (or tangerine/orange in cold season)
1 tsp guarana (maca powder, add rhodiola rosea – optional, herbal adaptogens)
1 full tablespoon unflavored collagen peptides or vegan protein
1 tsp psyllium
1 tsp flax
1 tsp acerola powder (optional)
a piece of 1-2 cm coconut (you can use pumpkin seeds)
Beat in a blender, top with coconut flakes, cocoa beans, pine nuts and fresh berries according to the season (lingonberries, strawberries, strawberries or sliced grapefruit)
Smoothies for Super Energy
200-300 g strawberries
1 small green apple, kiwi or plum
maca powder 1 tsp
1-2 tbsp hemp protein (or tahini)
1 tsp acerola
1 tsp guarana
50-100 g coconut yogurt
nuts, chia, hemp seeds optional
Plum or apple cut into a plate. Leave whole nuts and cocoa beans. Blend all other ingredients in a blender. Pour over fruit, sprinkle with nuts.